Authorities and institutions
Most institutions have restored their operation in full, more detailed information to be found at their websites.
Brno City Municipality
Most departments of the Brno City Municipality are working in standard office hours, i.e. Mondays and Wednesdays 8:00 – 17:00 and Fridays 8:00 – 12:00. If possible, citizens are still advised to resolve their requests remotely (by e-mail, phone, data box or mail) or to postpone their visit.
Administrative Activities Department (ID cards, travel passports; electronic orders here) and Transport Administrative Activities Department (driving licences, vehicle register; electronic orders here) are open daily from 8:00 to 12:00, and in addition from 12:40 to 17:00 on Mondays and Wednesdays. It is better to have a prior electronic order for a specific time. Without this prior electronic order citizens will be treated as well, but possible waiting time needs to be counted with. Prior arrangement of appointments is needed also at the Trade Licensing Office (electronic orders here).
Please note that the order systems are in Czech language only.
!!! Attention – expired documents can be no longer used to identify oneself. This possibility ended together with the state of emergency. Please apply for new documents as soon as possible.
The situation is different with traffic-related documents. The EU regulations says that validity of periodic trainings, professional competence certificates or driving licences which expires between 1 February 2020 and 31 August 2020 automatically extends for a period of seven months from the date of their original expiry date. The whole text of the Regulation can be found here.
!!! Please make your payments for municipal solid waste in a cashless manner preferably. Cash offices have been open since 15 June. Information on cashless manner of payment or on opening hours of cash offices can be found here. The deadline for the waste fee payment has been postponed to 31 August 2020.
Individual city districts’ offices adjust their office hours independently. Please watch their websites. The list of city districts including contacts can be found here.
- Hours for public (filing office, cash office, towing fees cash office and administrative section) have been restored in full.
- Entrance to the building will be allowed with a face mask only and with using a hand sanitizer available at the reception.
- Contact hours for customers have been restored in full.
- The EOC Contact Centre, which provides information and advisory services on electronic fares, and the Tariff Contact Centre, which is used to settle claims, have returned to standard operation.
- Details on public transport can be found in the Traffic in Brno section.
SAKO Brno (Waste collection)
- Several waste collection centres have remained open. However, it is recommended not to use their services during the state of emergency in order to prevent spreading of the disease. Up-to-date list of all centres (in Czech language) can be found at SAKO BRNO website.
- How to handle waste during the epidemic? If you are not under quarantine or ill, sort and take out your garbage as usual. If you are under quarantine, do not sort waste. Put all the waste in a thick bag (or two thinner ones), tie it up when full and disinfect its surface. Do not leave it by the bin (protect the dustmen).
- Brno Cemeteries Administration has restored regular opening hours since 4 May 2020. Toilets at the Central Cemeteries have been reopened and purchase of supplies and tool renting has been possible again under given sanitary measures.