Authorities and institutions
Brno City Municipality
In line with the governmental regulation the Brno City Municipality adjusts its office hours to Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:00 to 13:00. However, office hours remain unchanged for the most important agenda and electronic orders remain valid, too.
As for identity documents, permanent residence register, driving licences and vehicle technical passes: the Administrative Activities Department (Husova 3) and Transport Administrative Activities Department (Kounicova 67a) will operate to the same extent as before the governmental regulation, as their agenda that cannot be settled electronically and clients’ rights could be limited unreasonably, i.e.:
- on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:00 to 12:00 and from 12:40 to 17:00,
- on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 8:00 to 12:00.
Another exception applies to the Parking Permits Division whose office hours do not change either, i.e. Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:00 to 12:00 and from 13:00 to 17:00, and Fridays from 8:00 to 12:00. However, these office hours are designated for those with a prior electronic order only.
Office days at the Trade License Department will be Mondays and Wednesdays between 8:00 and 13:00. We point out that only clients with prior reservation will be attended (reservation possible here – system in Czech only). People without prior reservation will not be attended. As before, clients will be attended at designated counters in the ground-floor room No. 015 at Malinovského náměstí 3.
The Trade Licence Department also reminds that a written or telephone contact is possible, or you can hand in your request via the filing office.
The filing office at Malinovského náměstí 3 will be open each day during the whole working hours of the Brno City Municipality for physical filings.
On different days and hours citizens will be allowed to enter the municipality buildings only upon prior agreement and with covered nose and mouth.
Clients with prior electronic orders will be attended in terms for which they had been ordered.
If possible, citizens are advised to resolve their requests electronically or to postpone their visit to when the state of emergency is over.
- Hours for public (filing office, cash office, towing fees cash office and administrative section) have been restored in full.
- Entrance to the building will be allowed with a face mask only and with using a hand sanitizer available at the reception.
- Contact hours for customers have been restored in full.
- The EOC Contact Centre, which provides information and advisory services on electronic fares, and the Tariff Contact Centre, which is used to settle claims, have returned to standard operation.
- Details on public transport can be found in the Traffic in Brno section.
SAKO Brno (Waste collection)
- Several waste collection centres have remained open. However, it is recommended not to use their services during the state of emergency in order to prevent spreading of the disease. Up-to-date list of all centres (in Czech language) can be found at SAKO BRNO website.
- How to handle waste during the epidemic? If you are not under quarantine or ill, sort and take out your garbage as usual. If you are under quarantine, do not sort waste. Put all the waste in a thick bag (or two thinner ones), tie it up when full and disinfect its surface. Do not leave it by the bin (protect the dustmen).
- Brno Cemeteries Administration has restored regular opening hours since 4 May 2020. Toilets at the Central Cemeteries have been reopened and purchase of supplies and tool renting has been possible again under given sanitary measures.