Official information website of the City of Brno
on current situation and measures
in relation to the COVID-19 disease outbreak
Current statistics on the development of the COVID-19 epidemic in Brno and the South Moravian Region can be found here.
UPDATED: 2 December 2020, 17:05
The Czech Republic is under a state of emergency till 12 December.
The Government eases some of the current regulations as of 23 November 0:01 a.m.
On 3 December the Czech Republic enters the 3rd level of the PES anti-epidemic system (press release in Czech language).
- The curfew and bans of Sunday sale and consumption of alcohol in public spaces are cancelled.
- Newly, 10 people can gather indoor and 50 people outside.
- Presence at weddings or registered partnership ceremonies or at funerals cannot exceed 30 people. Religious services can be attended by a number of people corresponding to max. 30% capacity of seats.
- All shops and services, including restaurants, casinos, sports grounds or swimming pools can be open under clearly given rules. Zoological gardens, museums and galleries open to public. Cableways and ski tows remain closed.
- Amateur sports events can take place under strict measures and without public.
The City of Brno has launched a public charitable collection. Collected funds will be used to make good damages and solve problems caused by the coronavirus. In the first instance, they will be used in the area of social care.