Official information website of the City of Brno
on current situation and measures
in relation to the COVID-19 disease outbreak
Current statistics on the development of the COVID-19 epidemic in Brno and the South Moravian Region can be found here.
UPDATED: 12 April 2021, 17:57
The Czech Republic is under a state of emergency till 11 April inclusive. The following measures will apply from the midnight of Monday 12 April:
- People can move freely. The ban of crossing district borders and the curfew are lifted.
- Still, only 2 persons can gather.
- First pupils return to kindergartens and schools.
- Only selected shops can be open, but their number increases. They have to close by 22:00.
- Zoological or botanic gardens and libraries can open, farmers’ market can be held.
- A restriction of up to 15 people still applies to weddings or registered partnerships and funerals.
- Religious gatherings can be attended by a number of people corresponding to max. 10% capacity of seats.
The City of Brno has launched a public charitable collection. Collected funds will be used to make good damages and solve problems caused by the coronavirus. In the first instance, they will be used in the area of social care.