Official information website of the City of Brno
on current situation and measures
in relation to the COVID-19 disease outbreak
Current statistics on the development of the COVID-19 epidemic in Brno and the South Moravian Region can be found here.
UPDATED: 7 January 2021, 12:05
The Czech Republic is under a state of emergency till 22 January.
- The curfew is extended and applies between 21:00 and 4:59. Exceptions from the curfew include e.g. travelling to work or back home, walking a dog is possible only within a radius of 500 metres from home. Text of the regulation can be found here.
- The consumption of alcohol in public spaces is banned.
- People should limit their movement to a necessary extent, they can gather in maximum of 2 people.
- Presence at weddings or registered partnership ceremonies or at funerals cannot exceed 15 people.
- Religious services can be attended by a number of people corresponding to max. 10% capacity of seats.
- Operation of ski tows and public cable cars is banned.
- Bars and restaurants, zoological gardens, museums or other indoor sports facilities, swimming pools or wellness centres remain closed.
- Retail trade and services are restricted, too, only selected shops may remain open (e.g. grocery stores, drugstores and pharmacies).
- The Sunday ban of sale does not apply, however, shops have to close on public holidays.
The City of Brno has launched a public charitable collection. Collected funds will be used to make good damages and solve problems caused by the coronavirus. In the first instance, they will be used in the area of social care.