Official information website of the City of Brno
on current situation and measures
in relation to the COVID-19 disease outbreak
Current statistics on the development of the COVID-19 epidemic in Brno and the South Moravian Region can be found here.
The City will relieve COVID-affected businessmen of part of their rents, applications to be submitted by end of May
UPDATED: 10 May 2021, 00:21
What is new as of 10 May:
- Pupils of the second stage of primary schools in the whole country return to schools with weekly shifting of in-person education and home schooling. More under the Schools and Education tab.
- The list of exceptions for retail trade does not apply anomore, i.e. all shops can open.
- Galleries, museum, castles, chateaux, and similar objects can open, provided there are no group tours and the operator does not allow for presence of more visitors than 1 person per 15 m2 of the inner area accessible to public. Fair trades can be held under the same conditions.
- It is no more necessary to wear a face mask in the built-up areas (villages, towns) if a person is more than 2 metres away from other people (who are not members of his/her household).
- Attendance at weddings/registered partnership ceremonies and funerals is limited to 30 people.
The City of Brno has launched a public charitable collection. Collected funds will be used to make good damages and solve problems caused by the coronavirus. In the first instance, they will be used in the area of social care.