Current regulations and recommendations from the Government
Currently valid governmental regulations
UPDATED: 26 May 2020, 9:30
The ban of free movement (in place from mid-March) has been lifted as of 23 April 2020. Therefore there is no need to limit one’s movement anymore.
- From 25 May covering one’s mouth and nose is obligatory only in public indoor spaces (shops, authorities, post office…) and in public transport. People do not have to wear a protection if keeping at least 2-meter distance from others (this does not apply to household members). As until now, face masks do not have to be worn by children up to 2 years of age, children in kindergartens, pupils and students at lessons maintaining 1.5-meter distance, office workers maintaining 2-meter distance or people working in high temperatures.
If you do not have a face mask, you can use a scarf.
- The last large wave of relaxing the measures started on 25 May. Indoor spaces of bars and restaurants have opened (with possible opening hours between 6:00 and 23:00), fast food outlets in shopping centres, hotels and accommodation facilities, castles or swimming pools, wellness centres and saunas. Further information can be found here.
- Since 26 May the time dedicated to senior citizens for their shopping in large shops does not apply.
- The governmental ban of visits to hospitals and nursing homes was lifted on 25 May. Max. 2 adults may come for a visit, they have to wear a face mask, disinfect their hands and undergo temperature measuring. If possible, the visits will take place in outdoor areas or in designated spaces; at multi-bed rooms the visitors should be separated from other clients by a screen or similar divider. Always check individual institution’s website for current information before the visit.
- Events up to 300 people are allowed.
Since Tuesday 28 April 2020 parking at blue zones in cities and towns is paid for again. The Government has cancelled the crisis measure which had decided about this. Residential parking in Brno is thus operated as usual again. The payment for the parking fee can be made via parking meters or mobile phone.
- Starting on 24 April 2020 citizens can travel outside the country, however, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs recommends to undertake necessary trips only. After the arrival, people will have to undergo a 14-day quarantine or show a negative COVID-19 test. At the same time rules for foreigners to enter the country are eased.
Recommendations for citizens
Avoid unnecessary contacts with other people.
- Keep safe distance of at least two metres in a group of people (e.g. in a queue).
- Follow hygiene rules properly, especially hygiene of your hands. Wash your hands for 30 seconds at least and use disinfectants.
- Use disinfectant wipes also for your personal items (e.g. mobile phones) regularly.
- When sneezing or coughing, use ideally disposable tissues and cover your mouth with your arm/sleeve, not hand! (the droplets may spread further).
- Follow the Ministry of Health’s website and relevant media.